Saturday, February 12, 2022

GUEST POST "Like My Father Loves My Mom." To My Dad- Love Your Daughter

Enjoy this guest post from my daughter;





This post is dedicated to my Dad specifically, but I also made a video to both my parents near this 20th year of their marriage...Mom and Dad: You have been such a romantic example to me, in both the tough and the good times. Cheers to 20 years of Valentines together!"


I recently found this song by Jax, Like My Father in my suggested for a playlist I was making and decided to see what it was. So I clicked on it and while listening my eyes started to get glossy. After finishing the song I knew I had to share it with my parents, as I felt like it was their relationship to a T that I have seen throughout all my life. I showed it to my dad. After a few minutes of being in my room I came out to him listening to it in the kitchen while he was doing dishes. My heart melted and we spent around forty minutes listening to all of the artist's other songs together. My dad was so excited to show mom and both of them got teary when watching the music video. 

My mom suggested that I write this post on the song. I agreed that it was a great idea as we all love it deeply. I also thought it would be nice to write it for my amazing dad. So let's get into the song which I also made my own video of my parents to below...

"I want to come home to roses, and dirty little notes on Post-its, and when my hair is turning grey he'll say I'm like a fine wine better with age. I guess I learned it from my parents, that true love starts with friendship. A kiss on the forehead, a date night, fake an apology after a fight."

There have been so many times in my life that I witnessed my dad buying my mom flowers and leaving little notes for her. 

My parents always love trying to bug us and make dirty jokes especially my dad. Lots of times when they start kissing my dad will pop his head up and say "kids close your eyes!" We all exclaim "eeewwwww Dad!!" But I like seeing them so in love.                                                                                   

Throughout the years my dad has always said things to my mom like said in the quote above "you're like a fine wine. Better with age." In the quote below "And when my body changes shapes he'll say, ' You look hot today." My mom loves it when he says these things even if she has a hard time believing it. 

I want a love like my parents as said in the song. "I guess I learned it from my parents, that true love starts with friendship" They have taught me what true love looks like. And though they did not start out as friends, they became best friends as they were dating and have stayed close even after the hard times.                                                                                                                                                       

I want someone who will kiss me on the forehead and has date nights with me like my parents do for each other (even if they don't get enough date nights due to having three kids). I love how this song says "fake an apology after a fight" I remember being taught that in relationships you sometimes have to fake it till you make it and fake apologies. Otherwise you might never say sorry. 

"I need a man who's patient and kind, gets out of the car and holds the door. I wanna slow dance in the living room like we're eighteen at senior prom and grow old with someone who makes me feel young. I need a man who loves me like my father loves my mom."   

My Dad has shown these (patient and kind) characteristics throughout his life. Not perfectly of course. He is always striving to be better.  My dad truly is a kind hearted, sweet man.                                             

When there is fun or romantic music on, I will often see them holding each other close and doing their ridiculous dance moves or swaying side to side. They always look like they are enjoying each other when they dance and I love seeing them be utterly ridiculous (which I hope to be with my future husband).  (See video below.)                                                                                                                                                       

I feel like my parents keep each other young. My mom keeps the relationship young because of her innocence and her funny childish ways sometimes. And my dad does because of his humour and also his childish ways.                                                                                                                                            

The way my dad loves my mom so deeply and beautifully is something that I've always wanted in a future spouse. "I need a man who loves me like my father loves my mom." 

"I wanna road trip in thе summers. I wanna make fun of each other. I wanna rock out to Billy Joel, And flip our kids off when they call us old. He'll accidentally burn our dinner, And let me be the Scrabble winner, And when my body changes shapes, He'll say, "Oh my god, you look hot today."

My parents have gone on many road trips with and without us. I think it's when they get time to talk the most and what a better time to talk then driving around. They have always loved these drives and have taught us to enjoy it just as much (especially in the summer).      

There is always non-stop making fun each other in our house. My dad is usually the source of it. It's fun to see my mom and dad make fun each other. They do it a lot and are still in love so that says something haha.    

 "I wanna rock out to Billy Joel..." We are a very musical family so obviously this is also something that I hope for. Like I said before my parents like to dance together and "rocking out" is definitely something that they "try" to do. 'Try' being the operative word as  they do crazy dance moves that are very interesting to watch. I can't wait to freak my kids out with weird dance moves like they do to us.                                            

Now if we ever call them old... oh man...their reactions  are always big if they don't laugh. And yes we have been flipped off when us kids have said that they are old but of course this is all fun in games and hilarious as it's very dramatic (*clears throat. Dad*.)                                                                                     

My dad rarely ever burns our dinner. He is the main cook in our house and makes the best meals to nourish our bodies. I luckily took after my dad in the kitchen. I'm totally ok with my husband not loving the kitchen or having a talent in it like my mom....since I'm hoping to do 3/4 of the cooking, but we shall see.                                                    

When my dad heard this song for the first time when she says "And let me be the scrabble winner" he exclaimed, "Ha I would never do that!" Which is true, he really wouldn't. My parents are very competitive but it's very funny to see little tantrums (and game boards) being thrown by the ever sore loser. 

"And if he lives up to my father, maybe he can teach our daughter, what it takes to love a queen, she should know she's royalty"

I hope my husband lives up to my father; kind, hardworking, gentle, truthful, and most of all faithful to me. I hope my future spouse can teach our daughter what it looks like to love a woman. Just like my dad showed me, by loving my mom, what it looks like to be loved by a man. Treating her like a queen so that she knows she's special and royalty.      

    "I need a man who loves me like, my father loves my mom."

Thank you dad for being such a great guy who loves my mom and all of us kids so deeply. Thanks to both my dad and my mom who showed us kids what a wonderful relationship looks like and how to treat our future mates. I love you so much.


And to my future husband, I'm so excited what our future holds for us. P.S. I made a video of my parents for Valentines of them below- password: love :


password: love

Original Music Video here:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has got to be one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. What a tribute. What a beautiful love you’ve created.

Love
Cindy

Called to Question said...

What a lovely post, my dear daughter. You are such a sweetheart. I am so grateful that you are in my life. The song is perfect, and really does match your mother's and father's relationship. (Of course, I will not let anyone just win in scrabble.) I love your mother fiercely. She is one of the best things to have entered my life, along with my three magnificent children. Marriage, friendship, family are all magnificent blessings that take a lot of work, sacrifice and love. When we build upon, we reap the rewards. You are such a hard worker, such a loving person and such an encouragement to me to love deeper, laugh harder and too win more scrabble games.

It is my hope and prayer that you find someone who loves you the way your mother and I love each other. It is not always easy, but it is ALWAYS worth it. Happy Valentines Day, sweetie.

S said...

This made me cry 😭 Tell her it’s so lovely. - S

Anonymous said...

Very sweet video and music. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Valentines to you and Phil and everyone at your house!
M

M.R. said...

Hey J.: What a wonderful tribute to your mom and dad.. they deserve it - and you deserve a lot of credit for taking initiative to honor them in this way..

Best wishes
Dr R

Everyday Autistic said...

I am so glad I watched this. Gave me chills. One of the most wonderful videos I have ever watched.
So glad to know you.
Best,
Marcie

Kmarie said...

Dear Sophia: This tribute was incredibly meaningful and beautiful. I have watched the video several times!!! I adore you! Love Mom

Cindy: Awe thanks. I think it is a beautiful love created too but I could be bias.

C2Q: Ha I'm not anyone and who says you always win?:) She is a sweetheart isnt she? I love you fiercely too - And I love what you said about reaping the rewards...and it definitely is always worth it. I do hope our daughter finds someone as kind and loyal and humourous as you.

S: I will ! Thank you!

M: Thanks!:) I hope your Valentines day was amazing too

M.R: She did do a wonderful tribute and thank you :)

Marcie: Chills is a high compliment and being a wonderful video! I am glad to know you too and thank you for honouring my spirit and witnessing my love, and truly SEEING me:)
Love
K

Witchcrafted Life said...

You have your mother's impassioned, captivating, and beautiful way with words and are a terrific writer, Sophia.

What a meaningful post and ode to your father. I can just imagine how much it must have warmed his heart.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Kmarie said...

Autumn: She loved your comment. And I did too. Thank you for adding your beauty!
Love
Kmarie and Sophia