Thursday, December 11, 2014

We (Autistics) Are NOT Missing! (#mssng / #NotMssng )


For more information, this post carries legitimate stats and explanations of why Autism Speaks is not a healthy organization:   http://goldenheartedrose.tumblr.com/post/89338501188/autism-speaks-masterpost-new-updated-6-20-14

Also John Elder Robinson, who QUIT Autism Speaks, (He was their science advisory board.  He resigned his position in November 2013.  See his blog. ) wrote a great post about this here:
http://jerobison.blogspot.ca/2014/12/whats-mssng-in-autism.html

Here is another link to why Autism Speaks does not speak for us: http://theinvisiblestrings.com/4-views-1-question-who-gets-to-talk-about-autism/

If you participate on twitter join this statement instead:


I am not missing. My kids are not missing out on life. We are not a burden. We are a beautiful difference. I had to swallow my hurt at this ignorance and the feeling of being pre judged and found unworthy because of my brain wiring. Do not support the site Autism Speaks. We are not being spoken for or being represented. We are worth more and if we “get rid” of Autistics we will loose many people who have enhanced life on this earth. :

I have stepped out into bravery because I believe in people like you who believe in those like me:)

I hope you have a Happy Holiday season full of cheer and celebrations of all people groups and beautiful diversity! Thank you for supporting and “seeing” us.

Someday at Christmas we will find out what Autistic life is really worth...maybe not in time for you or me but if we keep speaking for ourselves, finding our worth and celebrate our Being, perhaps one day we will share a world where people care... when all our equal!

(The LeAnne Rimes version on iTunes of this song is worth looking into.)

2 comments:

Full Spectrum Mama said...

I am, WE ARE, RIGHT HERE -- WITH YOU <3

Kmarie Audrey said...

Thank you! As I am here with YOU:)